Now that we’re wrapping up 2014, are you where you wanted to be?
If not, you probably have some changes you have to make.
Change is a positive thing and will happen no matter what- but PROGRESS is better.
Progress = Growth. Without growth, we die both physically AND emotionally.
You’ve always been told to work smarter, not harder…and that applies to fitness as much as every other area of your life. So these changes don’t have to be hard, they just have to smart and worth your time!
Here are 14 Highly Effective Tips to Make your Body ROCK in 2015:
1. “If you keep good food in the fridge, you will eat good food.” ~ Errick McAdams. Well said. Clean eating is simple and easy to follow and is the main premise behind pretty much every program and challenge at First in Flight Fitness. It doesn’t have to be time-consuming, but it does have to be a priority. You’re body will thank you for it.
2. Clean out the Clutter. Yesss child- cut out all the noise, crap, and fluff that’s in your life. My rule of thumb: If it’s NOT helping me to grow, contribute in some way, or fulfill my personal goals or mission for my business, then it’s a waste of precious time. All of that “extra stuff” creates stress. Stress increases cortisol in your body and that results in more body fat. Remove the habits, people, activities, food, language, etc. that don’t lift you up and make you better.
3. “Get up, Stand up.” We sit wayyyy too much. While at work, take a break every 20 minutes to stand up, talk a walk around, do some wall sits, or bust a move to your favorite song. You’ll be amazed at how much better you feel. You’ll get your blood circulating again, you’ll be able to focus a little better, and you’ll encourage others to join in the dance party.
4. Catch those ZZzz’s. 40% of us suffer from chronic lack of sleep. Lack of sleep is associated with impaired attention, alertness, concentration, reasoning, and problem solving. Over time, lack of sleep can also contribute to symptoms of depression, and slowed speech. Not sleeping enough ages your skin, and leads to imbalanced hormones in your body causing weight gain and chronic fatigue. Shoot for 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Get a good bedtime routine that helps your mind relax and prep for restful sleep. No compromises on this one!
5. Get your Protein every time. Having protein at every meal will help you to not only maintain your muscle mass and increase your resting metabolism (helping you to burn more body fat at rest), but it will keep you feeling full longer, thus keeping you from making bad food decisions. I personally try to keep my protein intake around .65-.75g/lb of body weight. Aim for 15-30% of your diet to come from good protein sources.
6. Wake up with Water. Hydration is key. Start your day off with a big glass of water to cleanse and help detox the system from your night of built up toxins. Also, shoot for drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day.
7. Start a supplement routine. No matter how disciplined you are with eating the proper amount and variety of produce, the fact of the matter is that our soil is nutrient depleted. An apple today does not have the same nutrient value as it did 50 years ago. Agricultural practices to grow larger produce more rapidly have resulted in food that doesn’t nourish our bodies appropriately. Vitamins are a dime a dozen, so it’s tough to choose a good one. I have found a great company that makes quality, all natural, non-GMO, pharmaceutical grade vitamins that don’t have fillers. Best of all, they are completely customized to you via a free assessment, then delivered right to your door. Click here to take your FREE Assessment.
8. Think before you ACT. Be mindful of what you are eating BEFORE you put any junk into your mouth. Ask yourself “Is this worth it?” It is worth how you’ll feel afterwards, and is this helping you to move closer to or farther away from your goals? Mindless eating in front of the computer or TV has contributed to significant weight gain in many people. Be conscious of your actions when it comes to eating, and you may just find that your scale starts to drop pretty quickly.
9. Be an Inspiration to others. Do you have a family member or friend in your life that need to make a lifestyle change to get themselves healthy? Set an example and be a role model. Invite them to workout with you or share healthy recipes that you find. The most POWERFUL ways to influence those around you is to lead by example. 2015 is your opportunity to not only make a huge difference in your own life, but in those that you care about most.
10. Dry Skin Brushing? I have been skin brushing for well over a year now, and absolutely love it’s effects. It stimulates blood flow, increases lymph drainage, exfoliates your skin, and stimulates new cell growth. And ladies- it’s also said to help firm the skin and remove cellulite. It is well worth the $10 investment.
11. Don’t Cheat Yourself. My gymnastics coach always said this to us during practice, and it’s had a lastly impression. Don’t skip your workouts when you are feeling tired. Don’t cheat on your form or speed through your reps just to get it done when you’re training. The only person you are cheating is yourself. Commit that 2015 is your year to STEP IT UP and make a change. Having support and accountability in your workout program is critical for success. Come visit us for a FREE BOOT CAMP CLASS- You’ll have a ton of fun and I guarantee it will help to get you on the right path!
12. Spice it UP! Add spicy seasonings to your meal (like red pepper flakes, cayenne, black pepper, & ginger). It will help rev up your metabolism (but be careful of salt in hot sauces). Studies have proven that eating spicy foods can increase your metabolism up to 8% over a normal rate AND has the potential to make you feel fuller, longer. WIN WIN!
13. P & P. Plan your meals every week in advance, and PREP. This truly is the KEY to being successful in losing weight or cleaning up your diet (not to mention everything else in life.) You have to set yourself up for success if you want to see any changes. If something is truly IMPORTANT to you, you will find a way to make it happen. TIP: Block out time in your schedule each week to get your food shopping and meal prep done. Physically write or type into your calendar.
14. Join my 2015 New Year Transformation Challenge. This one is ALL NEW and will have everything you need from weekly clean eating meal plans and done-for-you grocery lists, to targeted goal setting and results oriented group workouts. You don’t want to miss it! Starts JANUARY 19th! Be on the lookout for early bird specials…
This is a brand new year and you have a blank canvas in front of you. Here’s your chance to make it happen and create the life you truly want for yourself.